One of the biggest agriculture-related challenges in the near future will be water availability – ensuring drought protection through sufficient and well-timed irrigation. Well-planned irrigation practices carry great potential for securing crop production and even increasing productivity.
The main themes of the project are:
– Storing of water in artificial reservoirs and dammed natural waters
– Utilising woodland ditches as a source of water
– Assessing opportunities for improving and upgrading current irrigation equipment and methods
– Assessing the need for irrigation accurately
– Developing computational models for estimating costs and revenues.